Release date: 06/14/2021
Variscite is pleased to inform about the Yocto Dunfell v1.1 release for the VAR-SOM-MX8X System on Module.
Yocto Dunfell (based on the FSL community BSP).
- Linux kernel:
Variscite 5.4-2.1.x-imx_var01 branch (based on FSL community branch 5.4-2.1.x-imx, which is based on NXP’s Linux 5.4.24_2.1.0 release and the Linux mainline kernel 5.4.85).
Variscite imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch (based on NXP branch imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0, which is based on U-Boot v2020.04).
Noteworthy updates since release 1.0:
- Added support for VAR-SOM-MX8X with 1GB of RAM
- Disabled parallel_csi for m4 device tree
- MLK-24874-1: include: uapi: fmd: fixed the UAPI_HEADER_TEST/install failure
- Pca953x: Disabled PM routines
- OV5640 mipi v2: Added deferred probe support for power and reset GPIOs
- Reorganized i2c4 node – moved it to the appropriate dts file
- MLK-24997 remoteproc: imx_rproc: merge TCML/U
- MLK-24892 remoteproc: imx_rproc: correct ddr alias for i.MX8M
- Disabled audmix node
- Fixed inconsistent clock handling for snvs_pwrkey during suspend/resume
- MLK-23940-2 rtc: snvs: Add necessary clock operations for RTC APIs
- MLK-23940-1 rtc: snvs: Make SNVS clock always prepared
- Wi-Fi: force connman/wpa_supplicant restart upon wakeup
- Hostapd: disable the service when using sysvinit
- Bluez-alsa: Replaced pulseaudio with bluez-alsa (audio over Bluetooth)
- libubootenv: Allow U-Boot commands up to 4096 chars