- Information we may collect and process
- Personal information provided directly from you or from the company you work for: When correspond with Variscite you or the company you work for give us information that may be personal like your name, email address, phone number, address, and financial and payment information. The information may be giving to us by any kind of correspond like emails, messages on social platforms, filling in forms on our digital assets like our website (www.variscite.com), by telephone, personal interactions in events or otherwise.
- Personal information provided by third parties: We may collect personal information like name, email address, user name, title, function, or geographic location from third-party websites like social media platforms.
- Cookies settings: Variscite can't control third-party cookies by changing the website settings but users may change their cookie settings in the browser settings instead. To delete cookies from your browser or disable cookies storage on your browser, refer to your browser manufacturer’s privacy settings or look for instructions in the support browser menu. Information about deleting or controlling browser cookies is available at link http://www.AboutCookies.org/.
- The purpose and usage of personal data collection We may collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any communications that you send to us and keeping a record of those communications - We may collect and process any information from any correspondence between us. This information includes your name, email address, company name, address, and phone number. This processing is necessary for identifying you, providing you with relevant information, for the administration of our business, which is necessary for the legitimate interests of the company and in order to fulfill or enter into a contract with you.
- Product purchase, delivery and refund - Personal information like your name, email address, company name, address, and phone number may be used by our finance and sales team or forwarded to the related logistic partners for the delivery of products. In addition, personal information like bank details, and payment details may forward to financial factors to complete product purchase or refunds. This processing is necessary for supplying products, services and refunds, which is necessary for the legitimate interests of the company and in order to fulfill or enter into a contract with you.
- To provide you with updates about the products you purchased including technical and software updates, information about other products and services we offer. For these purposes, we may process personal information like your name, address and email address and company name. The information we may send you may be delivered by personal or mass emails. We may use a third-party newsletter platform and a CRM platform to deliver the information but we do not allow these third-party platforms to use your personal information. You may opt out any time of receiving such information from us by replying to these emails or by following the instructions within the emails (unsubscribe). This processing is necessary for notifying our customers with product updates and for marketing and promotion of our products, which is for the legitimate interests of the company.
- To target you for advertising purposes - We may use your non-identified personal information collected by cookies for the delivery of targeted ads or promotions. For more information, read section Cookies below. This processing is necessary for the marketing and promotion of our products, which is for the legitimate interests of the company.
- To comply with any legal obligations and preventing misuse - The information we may process for this purpose is used for legal obligations like commercial, accounting, export control, customs and tax regulations. To prevent misuse, we may process IP address, name or email address and geographic location to filter suspicious users, malware, emails or files through our servers or by using anti-malware and email filters. This processing is necessary for ensuring the safe use of our systems, which is for the legitimate interests of the company.
- How do we share personal data and to whom? We only share personal information with other entities if it’s necessary.
- Distributors - We may share information with our distributors to provide a geo-based service.
- Design house partners - We may share information with our Design house partners to provide extended services only if were asked to do so.
- Financial entities - In order to process transactions, we may share information with banks, PayPal and credit card companies.
- Logistics business partners - We may share information with our logistic business partners to fulfill our contracts.
- Authorities and other parties: If a legal issue is accrued, we may share your information when required by law with authorities to protect our users, customers, partners, and our own interests.
- International transfers: We may need to transfer your personal data by using parties or suppliers that work for Variscite and located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in the following cases:
- If any of our websites host located in a country outside of the EEA, we may store your information in that country.
- We may transfer your data to MailChimp for content delivery services; Salesforce for customer relationship management services; Social media platforms, Google and for communication, advertisement and marketing services.
- How we keep and protect your personal data? We guarantee to use technical and organizational measures to secure the personal information you provide us. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmission via the internet since it is not completely secure.Our website may include hyperlinks to other websites. We have no control over these websites and therefore we will not be responsible for your privacy whilst visiting these websites.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, your login information, time-zone setting, operating system and platform, browser plug-in types and versions.
- information about your visit and interaction with our website such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs, URL, clickstream to, through and from the website, date and time of the interactions, products pages you viewed or products you searched for, page response times, errors, methods used to exit from the page and length of visits.We use Google Analytics and heat maps tools like Hotjar to collect the information above and process the information to statistics. We do not collect or store any personal information that could identify you personally like your name, address or any other data you have provided to us alongside this information and we don’t allow our analytics tools providers to share our analytics data.
- Storage period We store your personal information depending on the purpose of the processing of such information. We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary. The criteria we use for determining the retention periods will be any regulatory requirements or regulatory guidelines and the purpose of the retention. For example, we are required by law to retain any information relevant for accounting and bookkeeping reasons for at least 7 years. Business-related information may be kept in our systems for an indefinite period of time.
- Your rights concerning your personal data These are your rights as a data subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Automated decision making and profiling – Variscite does not make decisions based on the automated processing of your personal information. If that ever changes, this policy will be updated accordingly.
Contact us via our website at variscite.com/contact-us/ or via email at email@example.com.
Updated 8 January 2019