Release date: 07/01/2021
Variscite is pleased to inform about the new Debian Bullseye v2.0 release for its i.MX8M Mini modules.
Debian Bullseye (11.0)
- Linux kernel:
Variscite 5.4-2.1.x-imx_var01 branch (based on FSL community branch 5.4-2.1.x-imx, which is based on NXP’s Linux 5.4.24_2.1.0 release and the Linux mainline kernel 5.4.85).
Variscite imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch (based on NXP branch imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0, which is based on U-Boot v2020.04).
Linux kernel updates:
- Upgraded to kernel version 5.4.85
- Added support for DART-MX8M-MINI on DT8MCustomBoard V2.0
- Added support for VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI revision 1.3
- Note: older VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI revisions need DT adjustments for correct CAN operation – See: VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI/NANO rev. 1.0/1.1/1.2 CAN bus support
- Upgraded to the imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch
Debian build updates:
- Fix package dependencies and clean up
- Clean-up /tmp in the rootfs after building the Linux kernel headers package
- Refactored Debian package installation to three groups: base, graphics & gstreamer-multimedia
- Updated imx-firmware version to 8.8
- Updated Wi-Fi and BT firmware to Laird release 184.108.40.206
- imx-atf: Build atf bl31.bin from source code, from the imx_5.4.24_2.1.0_var01 branch
- imx-mkimage: Update patch to align to Yocto Dunfell