Release date: 6/23/2020
Variscite is pleased to inform about the Android Pie P9.0.0_2.0.0 v1.10 update release for its i.MX 8QuadMax System on Modules.
Android Pie (based on official NXP release imx-p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga, which is based on Android 9.0.0_r30).
- Linux kernel:
Variscite p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_var01 branch (based on official NXP release p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga, which is based on Linux 4.14.98).
Variscite imx_v2018.03_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_var01 branch (based on official NXP release imx_v2018.03_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga, which is based on U-Boot 2018.03).
- VAR-SOM-MX8: Added support for Symphony-Board v1.3A
(fix for the second Ethernet port on Symphony-Board v1.3A)
- Fix for suspend/resume crash
- Added MTP and PTP support
- Android policies change to use either eth0 or eth1 interface.
- Add USB3 and OTG automount support in fstab
- Added support for SPL
- imx-sc-firmware: Upgraded to SCFW ver. 1.2.10
- Upgraded LPDDR4 configuration to RPA V19 CBT
- Read DDR configuration from EEPROM
- SPL: Disable SD Card Detect pin
- Add support for reading DRAM size from the EEPROM
- Load HDP firmware from vendor partition to support DP and HDMI
- USB storage: Limit transfer size to 120 kiB
- Autoboot: Stop setting the environment to default when booting from USB
- Added support for HDMI audio
- MLK-23408: ASoC: fsl_amix: make clock and output src write only
- Added HDMI / DP support
- Improved WiFi stability over SDIO
- Moved backlight.dev to kernel bootargs to be dtb dependent
- Extended USB key support to all available USB ports
- Fixed WiFi detection on latest revision of VAR-SOM-MX8
- Fixed bootable SD card creation when SD card has no partitions
- Upgraded BT and WiFi to Laird release 18.104.22.168
- Upgraded SCFW to ver. 1.2.8 to support latest CPU and PMIC revisions
- WiFi: Restored mutual exclusion between STA and AP