Release date: 03/31/2021
Variscite is pleased to inform about the new Debian Bullseye v2.0 release for the VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO System on Module.
Debian Bullseye (11.0)
- Linux kernel:
Variscite 5.4-2.1.x-imx_var01 branch (based on FSL community branch 5.4-2.1.x-imx, which is based on NXP’s Linux 5.4.24_2.1.0 release and the Linux mainline kernel 5.4.85).
Variscite imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch (based on NXP branch imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0, which is based on U-Boot v2020.04).
Noteworthy updates since release v1.0:
- Debian Bullseye release with Linux kernel 5.4.85 – All relevant VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO packages were updated to match Yocto Dunfell
Linux kernel updates:
- Upgraded to kernel version 5.4.85
- Added support for VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO revision 1.3
- Older VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO revisions need DTS adjustments for correct CAN operation.
See: VAR-SOM-MX8M-MINI/NANO Rev 1.0/1.1/1.2 CAN bus support
- Upgraded to the imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch
Debian Build updates:
- Clean-up /tmp in the rootfs after building the Linux kernel headers package
- Refactored Debian package installation to three groups: base, graphics & gstreamer-multimedia
- Updated imx-firmware version to 8.8
- imx-atf: Build atf bl31.bin from source code from imx_5.4.24_2.1.0_var01 branch
- imx-mkimage: Update patch to align to Yocto Dunfell