The VAR-SOM-AM43 System-on-Module introduces real time processing units and a wide range of industrial connectivity and protocols for the embedded market.
The VAR-SOM-AM43 from Variscite, based on TI's latest Sitara AM437x processor family, introduces 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 combined with quad core Programmable Real-time Unit (PRU). The PRUs are ideal for offloading real-time processing from the main Cortex-A9 CPU, managing deterministic tasks and supporting dedicated industrial protocols such as Ethercat, Profibus, EnDat and others. The scalable processing architecture alongside the rich industrial connectivity of the VAR-SOM-AM43 makes it an optimized solution for products targeting automation, robotics, controllers, HMI and other industrial segments and applications.
Beyond its scalable processing capabilities, the VAR-SOM-AM43 features 2D/3D graphics accelerator, DDR3, SLC NAND, eMMC, dual band Wi-Fi/BT with MIMO, dual Gigabit Ethernet, USB, A/V interfaces and industrial operating temperatures. The VAR-SOM-AM43 utilizes a standard SO-DIMM 204-pin interface to the carrier board.
VAR-SOM-AM43 main features include:
- Texas Instruments AM437x 1000MHz single Cortex-A9
- Four 200MHz Programmable Real-time Unit (PRU)
- Up to 1GB DDR3, 512MB SLC NAND and 32GB eMMC
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz with optional 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0/BLE
- SGX530 PowerVR 2D/3D graphics accelerator
- 24-bits LCD Display
- USB 2.0: Host, OTG
- Audio In/Out
- Parallel camera input
- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, eCAP, ADCs
- Industrial temperatures -40 to 85°C
- Dimensions: 38mm x 68mm x 3mm
- OS: Linux Yocto, Android
Variscite also offers a fully featured, touchscreen-enabled VAR-AM43CustomBoard Carrier. It serves as a complete development kit for evaluation and application development. It interfaces with a 7" capacitive touchscreen.
VAR-AM43CustomBoard - SBC and development kit