Release date: 01/05/2021
Variscite is pleased to inform about the Yocto Dunfell release v1.1 for its VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO System on Modules.
Yocto Dunfell (based on the FSL community BSP).
- Linux kernel:
Variscite 5.4-2.1.x-imx_var01 branch (based on FSL community branch 5.4-2.1.x-imx, which is based on NXP’s Linux 5.4.24_2.1.0 release and the Linux mainline kernel 5.4.85).
Variscite imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0_var02 branch (based on NXP branch imx_v2020.04_5.4.24_2.1.0, which is based on U-Boot v2020.04).
Noteworthy updates since v1.0:
- Upgraded to kernel version 5.4.85
- Added support for VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO on Symphony-Board 1.4A
- Removed support for VAR-SOM-MX8M-NANO SOM rev. 1.0
- Fixed occasional pulseaudio device initialization problems
- Re-added packages available in previous Yocto releases
- Added Jailhouse support