Improved 4.2 Bluetooth and New SoM Configuration with 800MHz and 900 MHz Processors
After recently announcing the expansion of the DART-6UL module configuration options, we’re offering a new SoM configuration with enhanced CPU clock speed, applicable to commercial and industrial applications:
- 900 MHz for commercial temperatures (0 to 70 °C)
- 800 MHz for industrial temperatures (-40 to 85 °C)
The new configuration will be available alongside the existing, popular clock speed configurations – 528 MHz and 696 MHz – with a longevity commitment until 2030.
The enhanced 800/900 MHz i.MX 6ULL, Cortex-A7 speed grades are pin-to-pin compatible with existing DART-6UL configurations. As such, this enables Variscite’s present customers to upgrade their DART-6UL based devices with higher performance. It also accommodates new customers looking to develop on a platform with enhanced functionality, at a very competitive system cost.
The upgrade of the BT/BLE 4.2 module will be available for the entire DART-6UL product-line, bringing significant improvements in speed and security features. This new technology has a direct and considerable impact on IoT devices, particularly those with critical privacy requirements.
Ofer Austerlitz, Variscite VP of Business Development and Sales explained the push to constantly extend the company’s portfolio.
“Our industry is ever-evolving with process enhancements, as well as more advanced tools and features being absorbed into the embedded market. As such, Variscite understands the importance of remaining a cutting-edge SOM vendor while developing products that anticipate and fully accommodate our customers’ needs, both from a commercial and technical aspect.”
DART-6UL key features include:
- Optimized size: Only 25 mm x 50 mm x 4 mm
- NXP i.MX 6UltraLite and 6ULL
- Up to 900 MHz ARM Cortex-A7 with optional security features
- Up to 512 MB DDR3L and 512 MB NAND / 32 GB eMMC
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11ac/a/b/g/n Dual Band 2.4/5 GHz
- BT 4.2/BLE
- Dual 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- 2D Pixel acceleration engine
- Display: 24-bit parallel RGB up to WXGA
- Touchscreen controller
- Dual USB 2.0 OTG (Host/Device)
- Audio In/Out
- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC
- Parallel camera input
- Industrial temperature grade
- OS: Linux Yocto, Linux Debian, Android
The VAR-6ULCustomBoard carrier board complements an attractive full reference kit of the DART-6UL SoM, which can be used for customers’ evaluation, development and end-product mass production.
VAR-6ULCustomBoard – Single Board Computer SBC and development kit