Variscite is happy to announce the launch of a new i.MX 8X-based System on Module. The new VAR-SOM-MX8X product family supports NXP’s i.MX 8QuadXPlus / 8DualXPlus / 8DualX processor with up to Quad 1.2GHz Cortex™-A35. The SoM provides built-in safety features, highly integrated multimedia support and efficient power/performance architecture.
Highly integrated solution
This highly integrated SoM is designed to support a wide range of high-reliability, power-efficient applications, from industrial automation & control to defense, medical, telematics, building control, failover displays/HMI and robotics. The SoM multimedia features and interfaces options include Vivante GC7000Lite GPU for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration, 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode, Camera Interfaces, DSI / LVDS, Parallel LCD, dual GbE, certified Wi-Fi/BT, CAN/CAN-FD, USB3 and serial interfaces.
The VAR-SOM-MX8X offers high processing capabilities in a power-optimized platform, thanks to the integration of ARM’s most efficient Cortex™-A35 cores with its Cortex-M4F real-time co-processor.
Long term relationship and scalability
The VAR-SOM-MX8X is a part of Variscite’s Pin2Pin product family and is pin-compatible with Variscite’s VAR-SOM-MX6, VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL and the upcoming VAR-SOM-MX8.
The Pin2Pin product family allows Variscite’s customers to enjoy significant long-term advantages:
- Scalability: The customer’s end product can be easily scaled to a higher or lower performance platform, thus optimizing the end products’ cost-performance.
- Ease of development and integration: Customers can develop a single custom carrier board to support different pin-compatible SoM solutions from Variscite, thus reducing development time, cost and risk.
- Lifetime extension: The pin-compatibility solutions from Variscite allow customers to upgrade their products to a newer solution with an extended lifetime availability.
Variscite pin2pin product families – Two highly scalable product families based on NXP processors:
Note: pin2pin dependable on pin mux options too.
Availability and pricing
The VAR-SOM-MX8X Evaluation Kits are now available for early access orders.
Please contact our Sales team for further details.
VAR-SOM-MX8X key features:
- NXP iMX8X 1.2GHz Dual / Quad Core Cortex™-A35
- Real-time 264MHz Cortex™-M4F co-processor
- Integrated security and fail-safe features
- 24-bit parallel LCD, LVDS/DSI
- 2D/3D graphics acceleration
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC
- 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode
- HQ audio in/out
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0, PCI-E
- Camera in: 1x MIPI-CSI2, 1x parallel CSI 8/10-bit
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT4.2/BLE
- Analog Input, CAN/CAN-FD, UART, SPI, I2C, SD/MMC, Touch
- Temperature range -40 to 85° C
- OS: Linux, Android
- Up to 15 years longevity
VAR-SOM-MX8X block diagram: