Variscite is proud to announce the launch of the enhanced VAR-SOM-MX6 System-on-Module. The highly versatile SoM has been upgraded to support NXP’s i.MX 6QuadPlus processor, in addition to the existing scalable configuration options: i.MX 6 Quad/Dual/DualLite/Solo, with up to 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor.
The i.MX 6QuadPlus processor delivers the highest levels of graphics performance and DDR bandwidth in the i.MX 6 family, enhancing the Vivante™ GC2000 2D/3D Graphics Accelerator performance by 50% compared to the i.MX 6Quad Processor. Combined with High Definition H.264 Decode and Encode, those enhancements establish the VAR-SOM-MX6 platform as a highly recommended solution for graphics-intensive and high-performance multimedia applications.
The enhanced VAR-SOM-MX6 is pin-compatible with all existing VAR-SOM-MX6 Core configurations Quad/Dual/DualLite/Solo processor, as well as with the VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL. This grants a full scalability on both iMX6 and Variscite’s upcoming iMX8 System on Module solutions.
This versatile SoM features up to 4x Arm Cortex-A9 up to 1.2 GHz per core, -40 to 85 °C temperature range, Dual CAN support and certified WiFi/BT module including optional Dual Band 2.4 / 5 GHz and MIMO, making it equally ideal for industrial applications and graphics-intensive applications.
VAR-SOM-MX6 main features:
- NXP i.MX6 1.2MHz QuadPlus/Quad/Dual/DualLite/Solo Cortex-A9
- Up to 4GB DDR3, 1GB NAND and 64GB eMMC
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 / 5GHz with optional 2×2 MIMO
- 1 + CSA2 support / BLE
- 1080p60 H.264 Decode, 1080p30 H.264 Encode
- Vivante GPU 2D/3D graphics accelerator (note: in QuadPlus 50% enhanced performance)
- Display: 2x LVDS, HDMI1.4, MIPI DSI
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0: Host, OTG
- PCIe, SATA
- Audio In/Out
- Camera inputs: MIPI CSI, parallel
- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI
- Industrial temperature -40 to 85°C
- OS: Linux, Android
The VAR-SOM-MX6 evaluation kits are available on Variscite online store: VAR-SOM-MX6 evaluation kits.