Variscite is happy to announce the launch of the DART-MX8M System on Module, based on NXP’s i.MX 8M quad 1.5GHz Cortex™-A53, plus 266MHz real-time Cortex-M4 co-processor.
The DART-MX8M provides an ideal solution for portable and battery-operated products, as well as embedded systems that require high-end multimedia applications in a small form factor.
The miniature SoM that measures only 30 mm x 55 mm, carries impressive multimedia capabilities. These include UltraHD 4K display, HEVC/H265/H264/VP9 video decode with HDR, multiple camera inputs, high-quality audio and HD 2D/3D graphics acceleration.
In addition, the DART-MX8M will support a variety of high-speed interfaces and connectivity options such as a fully certified dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac/a/b/g/n, BT 4.2/BLE, GbE, dual USB3, dual PCIe, SPI, and UART. The DART-MX8M supports industrial temperature grade of -40 to 85oC and longevity of up to 15 years.
Availability and pricing:
DART-MX8M key features:
- NXP i.MX8M 1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex™-A53
- Real-time 266MHz Cortex™-M4 co-processor
- UltraHD 4K Display: HDMI 2.0, LVDS, DSI, eDP
- 2D/3D graphics acceleration
- Up to 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC
- HEVC/H265/H264/VP9 in up to 4K video decode with HDR
- HQ audio in/out
- Gigabit Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0, 2x PCI-E
- Camera in
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT4.2/BLE
- UART, SPI, I2C, SD/MMC, Touch
- Temperature range -40 to 85° C
- OS: Linux, Android
- Up to 15 years longevity
DART-MX8M SoM Block Diagram:
The VAR-DT8MCustomBoard carrier board complements an attractive full reference kit of the DART-MX8M SoM, which can be used for customers’ evaluation, development and end-product mass production.
VAR-DT8MCustomBoard – Single Board Computer SBC and development kit.