We are pleased to announce the extended longevity of several of our popular System on Module solutions. SoMs based on NXP i.MX7, i.MX6 and i.MX 6UltraLite will continue to be manufactured, supported, and available until at least 2035 and our customers can rest assured they’ll be able to produce devices built on these modules with no requirement to redesign.
This longevity extension applies to the following NXP i.MX7, i.MX6 and i.MX 6UltraLite based modules
- VAR-SOM-MX7 – Powered by NXP’s MX7, 1GHz Dual-core Arm Cortex™-A7 processor and 200MHz Arm Cortex-M4 real-time co-processor.
- VAR-SOM-MX6 – A flexible module suitable for a broad range of embedded devices such as industrial and Powered by NXP’s iMX6 QuadPlus/Quad/Dual/DualLite/Solo cores, up to 1.2GHz Arm Cortex-A9.
- VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL – A highly integrated SoM powered by NXP’s i.MX6 DualLite/Solo 1GHz Arm Cortex-A9.
- DART-6UL – Featuring tiny form factor, cost and power optimized SoM, with up to 900MHz CPU clock NXP’s i.MX 6UltraLite/ MX6ULL Arm Cortex-A7 processor.
- VAR-SOM-6UL – Running on up to 900MHz CPU clock NXP’s i.MX 6UltraLite/6ULL Arm Cortex-A7 processor, this SoM features a slim-lined price-point and low power consumption.
Visit Variscite’s product longevity page to view the expected longevity of all products.
“As leaders in the SoM market supporting thousands of customers in various embedded segments, we are committed to generous longevity across all our platforms. Our extended longevity alongside the high quality of our products and long-term hardware and software support give our customers peace of mind knowing that their end products are rock-solid for years to come,” said Ofer Austerlitz, VP Business Development and Sales of Variscite. “Our in-house production provides us with the ultimate production flexibility and allows us to further extend the longevity even beyond the original 15 years, while maintaining a stable supply-chain, as we have done even through the recent worldwide component crisis.”
Pin2Pin family – Further extension of longevity
The VAR-SOM-MX6, VAR-SOM-SOLO/DUAL and VAR-SOM-6UL are all part of the VAR-SOM Pin2Pin family that allows our customers to easily scale at any point of the product lifecycle without the need to redesign the carrier board, while enjoying reduced development time, costs, and risks. An extended lifespan of the design can be achieved by upscaling to a newer pin-compatible SoM.