Variscite introduces a new System-on-Module based on NXP dual-core i.MX7 with a real-time coprocessor at only 39 USD.
This highly flexible SoM carries a dual 1GHz ARM Cortex-A7 core, alongside real-time 200MHz Cortex-M4 coprocessor. The SoM’s optimized multicore architecture allows Variscite’s customers to easily design embedded products that require real-time processing, as well as high-level applications on a standard Linux operating system.
The VAR-SOM-MX7 provides a variety of high-speed interfaces and connectivity options. This includes dual GbE and certified Wi-Fi/BT – all integrated within an optimized power, size and cost package. In addition, Variscite offers longevity of at least 10-years for the VAR-SOM-MX7, delivering an ideal solution for embedded applications requiring long-term availability for the end product. The VAR-SOM-MX7 highly integrated connectivity includes a certified Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 / BLE, dual GbE with integrated PHY, dual USB, audio, display with touch panel, camera, PCIe, 32-bit parallel bus and multiple serial interfaces.
VAR-SOM-MX7 key features include:
- NXP iMX7 dual 1000MHz ARM Cortex-A7
- Real-time 200MHz Cortex-M4 coprocessor
- Up to 2GB DDR3L and 512 MB NAND / 32 GB eMMC
- Dual 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet with integrated PHY
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1/BLE
- Display: 24-bit parallel RGB up to WXGA, MIPI DSI, EPD
- Touchscreen controller
- Dual USB 2.0 (OTG/Host), PCIe
- Digital/analog audio in/out
- Camera input: Parallel, CSI
- 32-bit parallel external local bus
- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC, UART, SD/MMC
VAR-MX7CustomBoard – SBC and development kit