Bringing the Snapdragon™ magic to the embedded market
Variscite, a leading design and manufacturer of embedded solutions, announced the launch of the company’s newest System on Module, the VAR-SOM-SD600. This latest offering is based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064) 1.7 GHz quad Krait™ processor, further enhancing Variscite’s rich product portfolio.
With a staggering processing power of over 22,000 DMIPS and highly optimized energy consumption, Variscite has successfully delivered a premier commercial processor into the embedded arena. High resolution displays, advanced multimedia support and broad connectivity are just some of the features that ensure a richer experience across a variety of embedded segments and applications.
VAR-SOM-SD600 main features include:
• Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 600 (APQ8064) 1.7 GHz Quad Krait™ up to 22,400 DMIPS
• Adreno 320 GPU providing 2D/3D graphics acceleration
• Full HD 1080p video encoding/decoding capability
• 2GB DDR3, 64GB eMMC
• Simultaneous multiple displays support up to QXGA 2048 x 1536 x 24 bpp
• Gigabit Ethernet
• Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n with MIMO option and Bluetooth 4.0 + BLE
• 4 x USB, SATA, PCIe
• Dual camera input, Audio in/out
• Android and Linux support
Variscite also offers a fully featured, touchscreen-enabled VAR-SD600CustomBoard Carrier. It serves as a complete development kit for evaluation and application development. It interfaces with a 7″ capacitive touchscreen and two OV5640 CMOS sensors.
VAR-SD600CustomBoard – SBC and development kit