VAR-SOM-MX6 Building Embedded Solutions With Linux Course #104
This is a practical guide to Embedded Linux on Variscite's VAR-DVK-MX6 evaluation kit.
In three days, going through theory and practical labs, the course makes you familiar with the architecture of cortex-A CPU, Freescale i.MX6 SOC and basic embedded Linux
The course will cover:
1. Building Variscite U-boot and kernel
2. Understanding the boot process and how to implement it.
3. Building Linux file-system while taking advantage of open source components to implement system features and reduce development costs.
4. Developing and debugging applications in an embedded environment.
5. Drivers and kernel development
After completing this course, you will be ready to implement your project using embedded Linux, from system building to application development.
The following topics are covered:
ARM Cortex-A overview
· Freescale i.MX6 overview
· Variscite VAR-SOM-MX6 and VAR-DVK-MX6 overview
· Introduction to embedded Linux
· Cross-compiling tool chain overview and options
· U-boot – the boot loader, boot process and options
· Linux kernel overview
· Configuring, (cross)compiling and booting a Linux kernel
· Filesystems overview
· Creating a simple, Buildroot based root filesystem
· Understanding LTIB supplied filesystem
· Developing and debugging applications for the embedded system using Eclipse Juno
· Graphical toolkits
· Linux device driver overview
· Using a device driver from application
· Creating a simple device driver