VAR-SOM-AM33 Building Embedded Solutions With Linux Course #102
This is a practical guide to Embedded Linux on Variscite's VAR-DVK-AM33 evaluation kit.
In three days, going through theory and practical labs, the course makes you familiar with the architecture of cortex-A CPU, TI AM335x SOC and basic embedded Linux
The course will cover:
1. Building Variscite U-boot and kernel
2. Understanding the boot process and how to implement it.
3. Building Linux file-system while taking advantage of open source components to implement system features and reduce development costs.
4. Developing and debugging applications in an embedded environment.
5. Drivers and kernel development
After completing this course, you will be ready to implement your project using embedded Linux, from system building to application development.
The following topics are covered:
· ARM Cortex-A overview
· TI AM335x overview
· Variscite VAR-SOM-AM33 and VAR-DVK-AM33 overview
· Introduction to embedded Linux
· Cross-compiling tool chain overview and options
· U-boot – the boot loader, boot process and options
· Linux kernel overview
· Configuring, (cross)compiling and booting a Linux kernel
· Filesystems overview
· Creating a simple, Buildroot based root filesystem
· Understanding TI supplied filesystem and Angstrom
· Developing and debugging applications for the embedded system using Eclipse Juno
· Graphical toolkits
· Linux device driver overview
· Using TI device driver from application
· Creating a simple device driver