Based on Freescale’s i.MX6 single/dual/quad Cortex-A9 core, the VAR-SOM-MX6_V2 packs an impressive feature-set, a wide variety of interfaces and industrial operating temperature range, all the while sustaining a firm focus on minimizing the overall system cost.
The VAR-SOM-MX6_V2 suits embedded applications across a multitude of market segments, such as automotive, IoT, lighting, agriculture and industrial. The new V2 enhanced connectivity features are based on TI's FCC/CE certified dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n with optional MIMO and Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE that can achieve effective bit rates of 100 Mbps, together with an extended wireless range.
Variscite’s customers can easily utilize the VAR-SOM-MX6_V2 with its on-board eMMC for products requiring flash-based memories in high densities reaching up to 64GB.
The new VAR-SOM-MX6_V2 is fully pin-compatible with the previous VAR-SOM-MX6 Rev 1. Both revisions will continue to be in mass production supporting Variscite’s longevity commitment for the entire product portfolio.
VAR-SOM-MX6_V2 main features include:
- Freescale i.MX6 800-1200MHz single/dual/quad Cortex-A9
- Up to 4GB DDR3, 4GB SLC NAND and 64GB eMMC
- Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 / 5GHz with optional 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE
- Full 1080p video encode/decode capability
- Vivante GPU 2D/3D graphics accelerator
- Display: 2x LVDS, HDMI1.4, MIPI DSI
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- USB 2.0: Host, OTG
- PCIe, SATA
- Audio In/Out
- Camera inputs: MIPI CSI, parallel
- Dual CAN, UART, I2C, SPI
- Industrial temperature -40 to 85°C
- OS: Linux Yocto & Ubuntu, Android, WEC 7 & 2013