Variscite releases the world's tiniest, Cortex-A9 System-on-Module: DART-4460.
As if true power efficiency and even faster processing speeds weren't enough, Variscite has proven that great things really do come in small packages with the tiny DART-4460 System-on-Module. Still claiming the colossal processing power of the VAR-SOM-OM44, the Dart-4460 creates a new world of opportunity for application-specific customization from the lightest tablet to the most compact multi-media system. Variscite customers can now integrate the highest processing power available into their mobile or mechanically constrained devices.
Based on TI's smart multicore OMAP4460 mobile processor, this miniature-form System-on-Module carries cutting-edge multimedia performance with advanced graphics and video capabilities. What's more, the DART-4460 consumes only 5mA during suspend which makes it ideal for mobile battery operated devices.
Key features include:
- TI's OMAP4460 smart multicore mobile processor, with two ARM Cortex-A9 MPCores running up to 1.5GHz
- 1GB dual-channel LPDDR2
- Full HD 1080p and stereoscopic-3D 1080P video encoding/decoding capability
- Integrated Imagination PowerVR™ SGX540 2D/3D hardware accelerator
- Simultaneous multiple display support
- TI WiLink(tm) 6.0 single-chip connectivity solution (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BLE)
- USB 2.0: Host, OTG
- Audio In/Out
- Dual camera interface
Variscite also offers a more fully featured, touchscreen-enabled DART BOARD development kit. The DART BOARD serves as a complete development kit for evaluation and application development. It interfaces with a 7" capacitive touchscreen and a two OV5640 CMOS sensors.
DART BOARD - SBC and development kit